Proper care and maintenance of your carpet will extend its life and preserve its appearance for years and years. Failure to take care of it will result in premature wear and tear. Additionally, clean carpets contribute to a healthy indoor environment. Dirty carpets can be very unhealthy indeed.
Your home can only look its best when your carpets are beautiful, clean and fresh. While we recommend you receive a regular cleaning from Chem-Dry to maintain your carpets, there are also a few things you can do to preserve and care for your carpet in between visits from us:
- CARE TIP 1: Vacuum carpets regularly. At Chem-Dry we recommend you do so at least two to three times a week, using a vacuum with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate)filter. This will not only keep your carpet clean and looking its best, but it also removes potentially harmful allergens from your home. Vacuuming helps prevent dirt and grime from being deeply embedded into your home’s carpets.
- CARE TIP 2: Promptly remove stains when they occur. We’ve developed a commercial strength spot remover that is great for taking care of even difficult stains. Like all Chem-Dry products, it’s not only effective but also non-toxic, eco-friendly and safe. When using our Professional Strength Spot Remover, always use a clean, white cloth, and gently blot the stain. DO NOT rub the spot as this might grind the stain in further. Remove as much excess as possible, then apply and blot with a clean white cloth. (If you do not have our Professional Strength Spot Remover on hand, you can use soda water to attempt the same process. Although this will not be as efficient, it will not elevate the pH level of the carpet and therefore cannot do any damage)
- CARE TIP 3: Have your carpets cleaned and protected at least once a year by Chem-Dry, or more often if you have children or pets. (The EPA – Environmental Protection Agency recommends having carpets professionally cleaned a minimum of every six months!)
Proper carpet care not only creates a healthy environment for your family, but you can also extend its life and protects your investment for years to come.
Stop dirt at the door
Carpet receives a lot of traffic over the course of its lifespan, and while this is inevitable, there are a few things you can do to reduce the amount of wear and tear it’s subjected to, as well as the accumulation of dirt.
- Use indoor and outdoor mats and runners. This will prevent dirt and outdoor debris from being tracked onto the carpet, and will also reduce the amount of wear and tear that occurs from regular foot traffic.
- Ask visitors and family members to remove their shoes before walking on carpet. This is especially helpful for homes with little ones. Create a special place in the entry of your home where shoes can be stored.
- Change your home’s air filters on a regular basis. Dirty air filters can cause more dirt, dust and allergens to accumulate on the carpet.
Enjoy the satisfaction of a Chem-Dry deep clean
Even with regular maintenance, carpet still requires regular deep cleanings to remove embedded dirt, stains, and harmful allergens. Call our professional and friendly staff to get a free estimate on 1800-75-31-30.