Leather Cleaning Melbourne
Leather furniture in your home provides comfort and beauty and evokes a sense of prestige. With a reputation for great durability and a long life, your leather furniture can be a part of your home furnishings for a lifetime. You’ve grown fond of your trusted leather sofa or leather chair. It’s part of your home’s foundation, don’t let the colour fade or appearance deteriorate beyond repair.
Unfortunately over time, accidents happen, leather is susceptible to scuffs, scratches, cuts, fading and other damage. As an owner of leather furniture you are bound to experience some of the common problems associated with this kind of furniture.
Does your leather upholstery suffer from?
- Fading and leather finishes broken down
- Scratches and scuffs
How do I know my leather is dirty?
- Oils and Grease – Body oils can easily attach and transfer to the head cushions and armrests of your leather furniture and can cause serious damage to the protective finishes found on leather.
- Atmospheric Soils – Consider the dust that builds up on a coffee table or desk over a week’s time. This same dust is being deposited on your leather. In addition to this dust you add airborne cooking oils and atmospheric pollution that is present, to some degree, in every home.
- Common Soils – These soils include the common dirt tracked in from outside and garden by adults, kids and pets.
- Dyes and Inks – The inks from newsprint in newspapers and from a leaky pen can readily be deposited on leather. Clothes such as denims can transfer dye onto leather in a process called dye transfer.
Chem-Dry Metro is able to offer the best range of leather cleaning services available in the industry. Our certified technicians are specially trained to identify your type of leather and resolve your leather cleaning needs.
Protect your leather investment
Many cleaning products currently on the market are not suitable for cleaning leather, and may break down leather finishes, promoting dryness and cracking. ChemDry leather products are safe and effective for leather and have over 300 tanneries and manufacturers that endorse these products.
Leather furniture is not cheap, so don’t take risks over its care, regular cleaning and maintenance by a certified ChemDry Metro technician can prevent any undue wear on your leather furniture and keep it looking great.
How often should I clean my leather?
A regular cleaning schedule includes professional leather cleaning every 12 months as a minimum, depending on the usage and location of the furniture piece. An item that is located in front of a direct sunlit window or a piece that is in the main family room of the household may require professional cleaning and protection twice a year.
Between professional cleanings, you can maintain the health and beauty of your leather furniture by cleaning with ChemDry Soft Cleaner and rejuvenating the protection with ChemDry Protection Cream. Both products are found in the ChemDry Home Leather Care Kit and are available for purchase.
Bringing new life to your surfaces …
Leather upholstery is an expensive investment, so why take risks over its care and appearance? If you have gotten a quote that sounds to good to be true, it probably is. There are many untrained and un-certified “cowboys” out there that profess to know what they are doing. Think twice before contracting them, as they may in fact cause non reversible damage to your beautiful expensive piece.
Remember: Regular cleaning and maintenance by a certified Chem-Dry leather cleaning professional can prevent any undue wear to your leather furniture, keeping it fresh and welcoming.
Why not try us once? But don’t take our word for it…
Life is about comparisons; if you haven’t used our professional leather cleaning services before, you’ve got nothing to base your previous cleaning results against. We welcome you to try us once and we know you’ll be delighted with the cleaning results. We are committed to providing you with a ‘Knock-Your-Socks-Off service’ and stand behind it with a money back guarantee, so you’ve got nothing to lose.